To carry out routine electrical works including vehicle preparation and the fitting of electronics equipment to standard defined by the Motor Vehicle Retail.
III. Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Determines malfunction of electrical system by visual inspection of vehicle / equipment and coordinate to workshop and site in‐charge on day to day activities.
2. Familiar with adjusting ignition timing and measures and adjusts distributor breaker‐point gaps.
3. Repairs or replaces defective wiring in ignition, lighting, air‐conditioning, and safety control systems, Can fill‐up, control and update the maintenance records on daily basis.
4. Auto Electricians also install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators, and starter motors in cars, and install electrically operated accessories.
5. Familiar to test instruments and read circuit diagrams to find electrical faults, adjust engine control systems and timing to make sure vehicles are running at peak performance.
6. Knows to test, recondition, and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors, and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries, and repair or replace faulty ignition systems, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps, and switches. 7. Good in rewinding motors and electronic wirings.
Qualifications : At least high school diploma or 2 years technical school
Minimum of (5) years’ work experience as Auto Electrician for all types of equipment and vehicle both in workshop and sites.
Key Attributes :
The ability to work methodically and pay close attention to detail
Good problem-solving skills
The ability to read electrical wiring diagrams
The ability to work alone and as part of a team
Good communication and customer care skills
An awareness of health and safety
The ability to keep up to date with developments in engine and electrical technolo