Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing Estimation and Tendering Department and delegating responsibilities to Estimators and Quantity Surveyors.
- Advising the Estimation Manager about the Tender Bond requirements and collecting the financial documents for the offer.
- Contacting Consultant and Clients for each Tender.
- Reviewing and comparing technically and commercially the received offers and evaluating the best for the tender.
- Concluding the tender analysis and arranging “pre-submit report” to the Estimation manager with all details about the costs of Civil Works, Sub-contracts amounts, Materials values and other costs.
- Preparing offers as required and submitting it to the Client properly.
- Co-ordinate with planning dept. in preparing the Technical submission.
- Coordinating with Department Personnel in implementing the Quality System and verifying the Document Control as described in the Quality System Procedure.
- Coordinating with the Budgeting and Cost Control, Planning, Procurement and other concerned Departments and Divisions to update data related to tenders, contracts and their activities.
- Providing the technical clarification of trades or items when required by Departments, Divisions or Project Managers.
- Overall Management, control and evaluation of the complete tender process.
- Allocating tasks to the subordinates.
- Make sure that the estimation procedures are thoroughly followed.
- Pre-tender and post- tender meetings and discussions.
- Discuss queries with clients/consultant.
- Analysis of rates for BOQ Items.
- Obtaining the best offer from subcontractors according to tender documents.
- Pricing General and Preliminaries items for the project.
- Ensure that suitable Risk Assessments are done on each tender.
- Finalize the direct and indirect cost including profit and overhead for the tender with top management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
Experience and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge & experience in pricing of buildings, towers, villas, and infrastructure projects [Minimum 10-15 years in construction (contracting company) in Abu Dhabi & Dubai]
- Sound knowledge in processes & procedures of estimation & tendering in construction (contracting) companies
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Exceptional skills in negotiation, financial analysis, and organization.
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- C-Soft, Candy, or any other tendering & estimation software
- ERP (Oracle preferred but not mandatory)
- Microsoft Office packages
- Fluent in communicating using English and Arabic language (oral & written).