Compliance & Regulatory Manager
The Compliance & Regulatory Manager will play a key role in the development and implementation of the Group's Compliance Management strategy, policies and framework.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing policies and procedures to ensure statutory obligations are integrated into UASG’s day-to-day operations;
- Lead the process for continual identification and assessment of compliance risks across the Group and the development and implementation of appropriate action plans. Ensure that the management and employees of all Business Units are in compliance with the applicable standards (internal and external). Act as an independent review to ensure that all compliance issues or concerns within the Group are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Ensure that any non-compliance with laws and regulations identified are escalated to Board of Directors through the Chief Legal Officer
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Compliance function, provide expertise, encourage teamwork, align work processes in order to achieve high performance standards, and meet established targets.
- Taking appropriate corrective action with a view of preventing recurrence of incidents of non-compliance, violations and/ or breaches;
- Provide reports on a regular basis to keep Management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts within the Group.
- Maintain records of compliance activities, including any complaints or investigations.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution.
- Carry-out special assignments / investigations as requested by the UASG Board of Directors and/or based on whistleblower input.
- This will be carried out in close collaboration with BUs as they will take an active role and take ownership of planning and execution of Compliance.
- continuous monitoring of the business regulatory environment in which UASG operates;
- Maintaining a detailed list of all relevant Laws which impact UASG’s operations;
- Assessing the implications of new or amended Laws that may affect UASG’s business activities and informing Departments of the action(s) required for compliance with such Laws and
- Bachelors degree in Law
- MBA / Masters in Law will be an added advantage
- Minimum 4+ years in a similar role
- Big 4 experience is an added advantage
- UAE Experience is a must
Arabic speaking is an added advantage