The corporate lawyer's main responsibility is to serve the interests of the corporation. In addition to that ensure that the business transactions are in compliance with the law. The corporate lawyer must research the law implicated by that transaction and advice about any negative effects it might create.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing adequate support in identifying, assessing and providing reasonable solutions against legal risk involved in the different various business agreements in connection with the Group (the holding company and its subsidiaries) operation in different jurisdictions.
- Advising on all aspects of corporate company’s formation/winding up and corporate ownership restructures that are appropriate to the Group multi-jurisdictional business activities and commercial needs within the UAE GCC and Europe . Drafting, negotiating, interpreting and reviewing a wide range of legal documents & commercial agreements and advising on all contractual matters Assembly Resolutions, Shareholders Agreements, Business/Assets/Shares Purchase Agreements, Exclusive & Non-Exclusive Distribution/Commercial Agents Agreements, JVs and other various legal instruments) and ensuring that the legal and other contractual documents are effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted, and vetted.
- Reviewing and revising all legal translated documents (Arabic to English and vice versa-if any) to ensure the accuracy of translation and to ascertain their legal accuracy and conformity.
- Ensuring that appropriate corporate governance and compliance structure are put in place and providing legal framework on policies of various departments. Advising on various corporate governance matters (meetings convention, quorum, vote eligibility, proxy etc.
- Providing the Group with accurate and creative advice on various aspects of the laws and regulations applicable in the UAE, or in the jurisdictions where the Group has activities, governmental regulations and rules and business transaction and keeping abreast of all new and proposed legislation in the relevant jurisdiction.
- Providing legal opinions and proposes solutions that allow the senior management to take proper decisions.
Bachelor Degree in law is a must, Masters Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years experiences in a law firm or legal department
- Experienced with the corporate law activities.
Exceptional oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, the ability to simultaneously balance multiple tasks, leadership skills, the ability to empathize with a client’s situation and a strong work ethic.
Lawyersmust also follow strict ethical guidelines and client confidentiality rules.