EV Charger Technician
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesSAMA Integrated Smart Systems
SAMA Integrated Smart Systems specializes in providing services from system design to material supply, implementation, integration with other systems and maintenance all over UAE. Our main focus is providing solutions such as CCTV, Access Controls, Gate Barriers, PABGM (Public Address with Back Ground Music ), SMARTV, Digital Signage and AV, Control Rooms, Structural cabling and IP telephony.
Are you a diversified professional looking for a role within an ambitious Company? Are you confident, able to influence, challenge and build relationships at all levels?
We're in search of a diligent and experienced EV Charger Technician to join our dynamic team in Abu Dhabi.
…. Sounds like YOU? Then read on.
In this role you will have the opportunity:
To advance your career and be trained by the top engineers in the industry, work in multiple sites and various type of establishments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and service electrical charging infrastructure using skills and tools that range from computer diagnostics to basic electrical tools.
- Perform installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, and software updates on EV charging units of various makes and models.
- Terminate both high and low voltage equipment and cable/wiring, and build automotive-style wire harnesses.
- Assemble, test, and troubleshoot electrical systems for a variety of EV applications.
- Troubleshoot EV charger performance issues and locate/isolate ground faults.
- Perform testing on EV components and devices, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), thermal imagery, torque tests, and performance evaluations.
- Maintain detailed and timely documentation for repairs and installations.
- Coordinate with third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all services and projects are delivered on-time, within the scope, and within budget.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation to satisfy the service requirements of our clients.
- Manage a detailed service plan to monitor and track progress.
- Measure charging infrastructure performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to company management as needed.
- Represent the company at client locations with the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Strong technical capabilities.
- Adaptable to the changing dynamics of start-up business strategy.
- Proven working experience in service operations.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, diligent, and able to operate independently with limited supervision (completing assigned work accurately and in a timely manner).
- 2+ years' experience of related work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of charging, automotive, and/or vehicle systems.
- Hands-on experience in either electrical, mechanical, or other related field service experience; experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Experience interacting and communicating with the customer.
- Intermediate level computer skills (including MS applications).
- Good driving record demonstrating the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Physical and Environmental Demands include but not limited to the following: lifting, bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching, sitting, standing, working from ladders, walking, working in extreme temperatures (cold/heat), confined quarters, excessive noise, and high voltage.
- Associates Degree or higher in an applicable technical field is desirable.
- ASE or other applicable certification is desirable.
- Commercial Driver's License or ability to obtain is desirable.
Working conditions/Physical Requirements:
Work will generally take place during day shift hours; special circumstances may require weekend or shift work. Work may include travel within the United Arab Emirates. Work can take place both indoors and outdoors. The job may include extended periods of standing, lifting of heavy objects, or repetitive tasks and the use of lifts, ladders, or scaffolding. Work may include use of hand and power tools.
In return, we offer you a path towards your most rewarding career and an opportunity to be part of one of the leading family groups within the UAE. Additionally, we provide a competitive benefits package for all successful candidates.
What will it be like to work for United Al Saqer Group?
Established more than 40 years ago, the United Al Saqer Group (UASG) is one of the leading multi-sector business groups in the United Arab Emirates. The UASG owns and operates a diverse yet complementary portfolio of six UAE-based companies encompassing a number of key industry sectors, which includes Abu Dhabi Motors, Dalma Motors, Al Saqer Heavy Equipment, Al Saqer Property Management, Awraq Islamic Financial Brokerage, Royal International Construction, and Royal Joinery.