Secure a potentially profitable work stream for the business by ensuring that bids are prepared in a timely manner, are attractive to our customers, and meet the company's requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensure all aspects of the project have been included.
2. Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
3. Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposal, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
4. Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
5. Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
6. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
7. Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data
8. Understanding drawings and joinery technical issues
9. Visiting sites to gather information needed.
10.Analyze drawings, prepare BOQ with specifications.
11. Prepare the estimation with detailed break up possibly using estimation models and tools.
12. Coordinate with subcontractors to get the price for various elements within the project.
Qualifications and Experience
(Professional Qualifications and Training if required)
- 4 years Bachelor degree in Civil/Architectural Engineering.
- Must have successfully completed a minimum 10 major projects with reputable clients.
- An additional Degree/Diploma in Business Management/Safety/Materials Management or the relevant field will be preferred.
- Minimum 6-7 years’ work experience in Interior Fitout & Joinery in a well-established organization (s)
As a Estimator ( Joinery).