Interior Designer cum Project Manager
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesRoyal Joinery
Royal Joinery has its own dedicated workshop to assist clients on high profile projects that require international expertise and a degree of workmanship that eliminates the need to source sub-contractors and third-party furniture suppliers. Our primary focus is on carpentry and woodwork specialties across a wide variety of projects and sectors through the delivery of sophisticated qualified experts in their field and innovative techniques and equipment.
DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES
- Interior Design Create and present interior design concept/plan layout as per client approved requirements.
- Project Scope Define scope and determinate the steps of work at the site starting with demolitions, block works, MEP works, finishing works (floor, ceiling & wall), budget, and schedule of the projects and visit sites to monitor daily, and weekly works assigned.
- Project Requirements Review and approve structural and architectural materials, drawings of the project, assess the material and manpower requirement accurately and hand over the material requirement to the Procurement Department to enable procurement, after approval.
- Quotation and Layout Cross Checks Coordinate with the estimation team to prepare the quotation and cross-check all the descriptions are correct matching the approved design.
- Order Follow up on all the orders required from outsourcing with the procurement department (carpet, chandelier, lights sanitary, curtain fabric, furniture fabrics, etc.)
- Workforce Monitoring Organize and manage the workforce, supervise the site, keep updated on the progress of the project and attend to all technical problems, additional manpower requirements, drawing changes, etc. in an effective and timely manner.
- Production Initiate production of all the loose furniture and joinery works, etc..
- Qualify Checks Conduct quality checks and complete quality check lists, to ensure that the products meet specifications and requirements.
- Reporting Coordinate on project completion and prepare applicable reports.
- Subcontractors Oversee sub-contractors for various works and monitor all jobs for timely completion and compliance.
- Ad-hoc Reporting Prepare and deliver ad hoc reports required by General Manager, etc.…
- Assign job responsibilities related to employee skills.
- Cascade the responsibilities to team.
- Identify the development areas of the subordinate.
- Implement training programs to bridge the gaps.
- Set meaningful goals to the team, monitor progress, provide feedback, and measure outcomes.
- Act as a catalyst to improve subordinates’ performance and morale.
4. Career Management
- Explore opportunities within the department/organization for career move.
- Coach, and develop high potential team.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or related discipline.
- 5 Years’ experience in interior design or Interior Fit-out.
TECHNICAL KSAs/ CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.
- Very good communications skills both verbal and written.
- Professional level experience in engineering operation practices and systems.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, 3dmax-Vray Or, Sketchup, Photoshop, Excel
Location: Mussafah, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. (should be willing to consider working for projects in other emirates)