We are looking for a full-time McLaren Service Technician to join our team at Abu Dhabi Motors and work with a leading dealership in the automotive industry within UAE.
As a McLaren Technician, you’ll carry out complex repair and technical maintenance work for our customers. With our diagnostic technology at your fingertips, you’ll work on electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems for a range of McLaren models. We’ll also look to you to provide leadership and support to the rest of the team at every level.
- Receive the next repair or service job from the dispatcher, advisor, team leader, or electronic technician terminal.
- Perform a diagnosis and report back to management with work that is required and await authorization.
- Review vehicle history files and any factory bulletins that apply to vehicle make and model, paying special attention to outstanding campaigns.
- Make notes regarding proposed and additional work on hard copy or technician terminal.
- After authorization, request any parts required from the parts department and return any parts that have been requested to be saved by the customer or factory.
- After parts are received, complete required authorized repairs and create notes on the hard copy or technician terminal.
- If required, perform a test drive and restore the vehicle to its original condition making sure that it is clean.
- Inform dispatcher, advisor, team leader, or electronic technician terminal of the job completion and make any final notes regarding suggested additional work.
- Take all required and suggested training, keeping a record of classes and certification completed.
- Keep informed of all safety guidelines of management and other agencies, especially the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Keep the work area clean and maintain the condition of both personal tools and shop tools.
Qualifications and experiences required:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ Service Technician experience required
- In-depth experience with automotive luxury retail in UAE
- An associate's degree in mechanics or a related field
- Completion of technical training school or factory apprentice program
- Ability to communicate both verbally and with written documentation
- Self-motivated and diligent
- Positive attitude
- Extremely organized with dedicated attention to detail
- A clear focus on delivering work of the highest quality