Responsible for mixing, matching, and applying paint to various surfaces, completing touchups, and coordinating large painting projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors, and cabinets.
- Mix, match, and apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes.
- Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
- Clean walls to ensure proper adherence.
- Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Erect scaffolding, movable and immovable staging and various rigging to gain access to difficult areas; moves furniture and equipment as necessary.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Select and buy paint from vendors.
- Negotiate prices.
- Purchase quality brushes.
- Apply several coats according to paint directions.
- Tape off areas when needed.
- Apply touchups or second coats.
- Remove paint splatters when finishe
- Clean up all equipment, including brushes and spray guns.
- Utilize spray guns for large jobs.
- Work on ladders to reach high ceilings or walls.
Qualifications : Secondary School Certificate (10 years of school
Experience : At least 2-5 years hands-on experience as a Painter
within construction field.
Written and verbal communication in English (other regionally spoken languages including Arabic would be an added advantage)
Key Attributes : Good Concentration
Good Practical skills
The ability to work alone and as part of a team
Good hand-to-eye coordination.