Parts Picker (Automotive)
Purpose: Parts Picker assists in warehouse arrangements for parts picking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives the consignments, checks and counts the boxes.
- Reports to the Warehouse In-charge or the Parts Manager for any excess or shortages.
- Locates the received parts in the bins.
- Creates new locations for newly created parts, taking into consideration the logical distribution of the shelves.
- Groups similar parts numbers in the same locations, and informs the Warehouse In-charge for any change in order to correct the system.
- Keeps the warehouse clean and informs the Warehouse In-charge for any defected parts.
- Arranges the locations and bins in a way to gain as much space as he can.
- Collects the picking slip, locates the appropriate part and delivers either to the Service Advisor or the Mechanics (In later stage).
- Makes sure that no part is delivered without a picking slip.
- Keeps an organized filing, picking slips and invoices.
- Keep up to date with technical information and will inform his supervisor of any personal training requirements.
Qualifications : High School diploma, any other diploma is accepted.
Experience : One year experience within Spare Parts Operations.
Key Attributes :
- Ability to coordinate work assigned.
- Knowledge of mechanical parts, catalogues, distributors and dealers.
- Knowledge of inventory control and warehousing practices.
- Knowledge of purchasing and requisitioning procedures.
- Proficiency with required computer systems.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to perform the work of this class.