Safety Engineer / Inspector
Royal International Construction is a relatively new name on the UAE's vibrant construction scene vision but is one that harnesses the strengths and heritage of its founders and the expert talents of its proactive management team. The company currently employs over 500 construction experts located throughout the UAE, with an unparalleled skill set covering finance, architecture, design, mechanical and electrical engineering, as well as project management, we also have a in-house team dedicated to producing high standard technical bids and comprehensive and competitive commercial tenders.
Are you a diversified professional looking for a role within an ambitious Company? Are you confident, able to influence, challenge and build relationships at all levels?
We are recruiting a Safety Engineer / Inspector to join our exceptional Royal International Construction. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone with proven construction experience who is personable and capable to quickly establish their credibility.
If you are excited by a challenge, have a can-do attitude and a passion for leaving your mark on an organization then this is the opportunity for you.
We want to encourage you to grow and challenge yourself because when we pursue excellence, we create great experiences together and with our customers.
…. Sounds like YOU? Then read on
- Continuous inspection of project sites, to ensure a hazard-free environment
- Ensure employees take proper safety measures
- Ensure employees have full knowledge about safety and security methods, construction equipment and materials
- Assessment and approval of subcontractor safety plans
- Verify tools and equipment to ensure good quality
- Promote safe practices on site
- Create and enforce safety guidelines and programs
- Carry out drills and exercises on managing emergency situations
- Conduct investigations on accidents
- Verify that all safety reports are submitted to related government institutions
- Respond to employee’ safety concerns
- Manage all communications with government departments with regards to safety
- Arrange OSHA-mandated evaluations of the site
- Coordinate all issues regarding hazardous materials or waste
- Assist with the preparation of a construction health and safety plan
- Attend project planning meetings and collaborate with construction managers
- Establish and maintain health and safety communication structures
- Test effectiveness of site emergency response plans
- Continuous monitoring of all safety related issues and maintain documents / reports updated
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Occupational Safety and Health but must have at least 5 years of experience in a construction company in UAE in the similar position or above
- Certification in NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (NGC)
- Knowledge of Regulatory Organizations, latest information on methods, processes, standards, and best practices regarding safety
- Proactive and stay ahead on safety and environmental hazards
- Work with 'Safety first' approach
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Good English communication skills; knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage