Basic Function & Scope :
To coordinate, support and advise the project management on all aspects with regards to Health Safety & environment. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health, Safety & Environment.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to occupational health. Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety & environment, including welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all incidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented. Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Coordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate health , safety & environment training records are maintained.
- Establish a full program of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks. Establish a structured program of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines. Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience :
(Professional Qualifications and Training if required)
- Diploma/Bacholer degree arts/civil/.
- Certificate In NEBOSH- IGC
- IOSH managing Safety
- Fire Fighting /First aid / Accident Investigation Course.
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience in a well established organization (s) as a Safety Officer at a construction Project.