A sales secretary is a person responsible for carrying/supporting all clerical duties within a sales team or sales department of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling day to day operations, assisting sales team members and making and receiving clients to and from clients.
- Welcoming guests/customers in a friendly and professional way.
- Offering refreshment drink to the guests/customer.
- Keep and maintain the cleanliness of Sales Director office.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Responsible for document handling, file making and handling other kinds of paperwork of the office space.
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Ensuring all outgoing correspondence is typed, proof read and dispatched to the highest possible standard.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and posts, often corresponding on behalf of the Sales Director.
- Keeping calendar constantly updated to facilitate appointment and meeting schedules.
- Establishing and maintaining various filings/records/database of business contacts and follow up as appropriate.
- Filing and retrieving corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Performing general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Preparing agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Making travel arrangements for the Sales Team.
- Compiling, transcribing, and distributing minutes of meetings.
- Managing and maintaining Sales Director schedules.
- Supervising and training other clerical staff.
- Assisting Admin Department in doing quotations/tender.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Several years of experience performing a variety of administrative support functions.
- Computer skills including ability to operate MS Office and other word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Knowledge in Oracle system is an advantage.
- Communication proficiency in English
Skills and Competencies:
- Professionalism with pleasing personality
- Respectful and courteous
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & listening)
- Good writing skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Stress resilience
- Time Management, Planning & Organizing