Controls gates against the admission of unauthorized persons and/or vehicles on shift when performing Watchman duties. Performs Guard duties, day and night, to ensure security of personnel and property on shift when performing Watchman duties.
III. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Tends Properties gates.
- Checks I.D. Cards, car entry permits and person’s authorization for entry into Properties premises and assists visitors in finding their proper destinations.
- Includes operating the gate barrier when assigned gateman duties.
- Acts as a receptionist, and/or information office during weekends and official holidays.
- Patrols Properties to ensure the security of personnel and property.
- Includes questioning suspicious persons, and checking their passes.
- Directs visitors to their proper locations when assigned Watchman duties.
- Checks during night shift all door entrances of buildings to ensure that they are properly locked, switches on all
Performs other related duties as required such as reporting safety hazards and other anomalies to supervisor etc.
Qualifications : Completion of elementary (6 years) education.
Experience : One year experience in a similar field plus 3 month familiarization to get to know names and location of buildings.
Key Attributes : Must speak English, must read elementary English.
Surveillance skills and detail orientation